Registration for IAP and Spring
IAP/Spring pre-registration opens on December 2. The deadline to initiate spring term pre-registration is 5pm on December 27. Once you submit your initial pre-registration, you may modify subject selections until pre-registration closes at 5pm on January 10. There is a $50 late fee for any student who fails to initiate pre-registration by December 27. There is an $85 late fee if students fail to initiate pre-registration by final deadline of January 16. Details for the pre-registration process are outlined on the Registrar's site.
IAP is a great time to explore various non-credit IAP activities or UROP. Should you choose to register for credit-bearing classes in IAP, please note the following:
- All students are on a 12-unit credit limit for IAP. NOTE: ASEs taken in IAP do not count toward this limit.
- The registration process for MIT’s Independent Activities Period (IAP) differs from other terms - you are automatically registered for IAP subjects based on pre-registration and advisor approval is not necessary, although we encourage you to still meet with your advisor to discuss your IAP plans.
Meeting with Your Advisor to Register for Spring
- On January 24, you and your advisor will have access to your online Spring 2020 Registration (based on your pre-registration).
- You need to meet with your advisor between January 24 and January 31 to complete your registration.
- Once you have submitted your registration, all changes need to be made using the online Add/Drop forms.
Subject Listing and
Titles, descriptions, instructors, times, and locations for each subject offered at MIT. Symbols mark subjects that meet various Institute requirements. Use the handy scheduling tool for pre-registration.
Online Add/Drop >
Once Online Registration is submitted, all further requests to add, drop, change units, and change subject registration status are made via the Online Add/Drop application.
Your official academic record. Check often to make sure you're officially enrolled in the subjects you're attending. This is where you pre-register for each term. You can also see your grades and check your progress toward Institute requirements.