FGP offers a variety of events throughout the year, including:
- Academic and professional development opportunities
- Dinners and other social events within the MIT community as well as the greater Cambridge/Boston communities
- Study breaks with upperclass members of the community
- Discussions on the first gen identity and opportunities to chat with folks with similar experiences
- Opportunities for students to meet with first generation MIT faculty and administrators
You can also read about some of our other recent events prior academic years.
Events are posted as scheduled and below are currently scheduled upcoming events.
Zoom links for each event will be sent via email to both the fgp-current and fgp_firstyears listservs. To join either listserv, please email Taylor Pons at email@example.com.
- September 9, 4pm EDT- All About UROP & UROP for Career Preparation
- September 14, 2pm EDT- All About UROP & How to Find One!
- September 22, 3pm EDT- UROP Panel with Students & Supervisors (part of CAPD Career Week)
- September 25, 7pm EDT- Career Fair Prep w/ Career Advising & Professional Development Office
- October 6, 5pm EDT- Be a FGLI Leader
- October 15, 7pm EDT- Study break!
- October 22, 6pm EDT- Be a FGLI Leader
- October 29, 5pm EDT- Power of the Personal Narrative
- November 13, 10am EDT- Power, Privilege, and Positionality