FGP offers a variety of events throughout the year, including:
- Academic and professional development opportunities
- Dinners and other social events within the MIT community as well as the greater Cambridge/Boston communities
- Study breaks with upperclass members of the community
- Discussions on the first gen identity and opportunities to chat with folks with similar experiences
- Opportunities for students to meet with first generation MIT faculty and administrators
You can also read about some of our other recent events prior academic years.
Events are posted as scheduled and below are currently scheduled upcoming events.
- Sept 10- Finances, Food, Fun! W20, Coffeehouse Lounge
- Sept. 11-Fall Welcome Dinner, *RSVP
- Sept. 30- Be a FGLI Leader, PDR #3
- Oct. 10- FGP x ISO mixer
- Oct. 24- FGP x OME x LGBTQ+ mixer
- Nov. 8- National First Generation Day of Visibility!
- Nov. 13- Transitioning Home w/ OMP, SPXCE
- Dec. 3- Open Mic Night, W11 Main Dining Room
Contact Taylor Pons, firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and receive additional details.