First Year Student, Advisor and Associate Advisor Award Recipients
Congratulations to the 2023 Recipients!
The Office of the First Year recognizes the outstanding contributions first-year students, associate advisors and first-year advisors. A ceremony to celebrate the accomplishments of our 2023 award recipients is scheduled on May 9, 2023.
First Year Student Awards
- Academics & Research:
- Diversity & Culture:
Outstanding Associate Advisor Awards
- Seminar Advising: Angeles Cibils Bernardes
- Traditional Advising: Katherine “Katie” Miner
First Year Advisor Awards
- Alan J. Lazarus (1953) Excellence in Advising: Professor Mingda Li, Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering
- Student Champion: Professor Daniel L. M. Suess, Department of Chemistry
- Creativity in Advising: Maxine Jonas, PhD, Department of Biological Engineering
- Excellence in Mentoring: Dr. Gabrielle Stoy, Experimental Study Group
- Outstanding Veteran Advisor: Rebecca Tyler, Institute Events
- FLI Student Support and advocacy Award: J. Alex Hoyt, Office of the First Year