Fall 2020 Advising Calendar
The following are important dates and deadlines for you and your advisees, during the Fall 2020 semester
- Monday, August 24: Online Registration Opens for Students
- Monday, August 24 -Thursday August 27: Individual Registration Meetings. Schedule meetings with your advisees and associate advisor on Zoom at times that work for everyone.
- Thursday, August 27: Final day for first-year Advisors must sign off (approve) on their students' registration by 5pm on students to register August 27.If possible, please complete registration by August 26.
- Friday, August 28:Students’ schedules temporarily available on WebSIS (until August 31).
- Monday, August 31:Registration Day; First year students can make changes to their schedules.
- Tuesday, September 1: First Day of Classes.
- Week of September 14:Recommended second week check-in with advisees.
- Starting the Week of September 28: First Year Flags from instructors begin to be sent. Please check in on any advisee receiving a flag.
- Weeks of September 28 and October 5: Schedule mid-semester email or Zoom check-ins with all advisees, but especially for any advisee who receives one or more flags.
- Friday, October 2: Add Date - Please check in prior to this deadline in case first year need to adjust their registrations.
- Friday, October 23 – Saturday, October 24: Virtual Family Weekend.
- Wednesday, November 18: Drop Date: Should check in well before this deadline, especially with any advisee who received a First Week Flag, to assess the possibility of dropping a subject.
- Tuesday, December 1: Online Pre-Registration for IAP and Spring Term begins. All students pre-register online.
- Wednesday, December 9:Last day of Fall Term Classes
- Monday, December 14 -Friday, December 18: Fall Term Final Exam Period.
- Wednesday, December 30: Deadline to initiate Spring pre-registration without fee