Important Links for Registration and Advising
- First Year Advising Folder: Viewable from the Advisors and Departmental Administrators section of WebSIS.
- Select Record > Freshman Folder
- Select Student
- Click Create Report to view student's folder
- Online Registration
- Recitation/Lecture Section Changes
- Online Subject Listing and Schedule
- HASS Exploration subjects
- CI-H/CI-HW Subject Enrollment Tools
- List of CI-H/HW Subjects
- Language Placement
- Online Add/Drop Forms
- Course Preparation for Medical School
- Tuition Light-load Adjustment Form: International students cannot take less than 36 units of credit in a semester.
Policy on Release of First Year Internal Grades
MIT's policy is to provide internal "hidden" grades for first-year students in the fall term for educational and advising purposes only. In most circumstances, unofficial grades will stay hidden and will not be included on an external transcript. MIT will not communicate the student’s internal grades to parents or any other third party outside of MIT without the student’s written consent. If a third party requires the internal grades, the student must go to the Department Administrator for each class to request a letter.