Orientation Arrival and Check-in
Please note that some details are still pending, please check back for final details - coming soon.
Your arrival date to MIT for the fall semester will vary depending on if you’re participating in an FPOP program, are a fall athlete, or are an International Student. Please review the arrival dates and information below to determine what day you are able to arrive on campus.
- Approved Fall Athletes: Fall athlete arrival dates are communicated by Athletics. If you are participating in a varsity sport and have not been in touch with your coach regarding the arrival date for your team, please do so at your earliest convenience.; See the Athletics Website for a complete listing of all coaches and their email addresses.
- International Students: International students can arrive on Saturday, August 21 and Sunday, August 22. International Orientation events are held on Monday, August 23 and Tuesday, August 24. If you are not participating in an FPOP, there will be orientation events on Wednesday, August 25 and Thursday, August 26. Please note that the International Orientation Program is only for international students who are not U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents. U.S. Citizens living abroad and Permanent Residents (as well as all international students) must attend the campus orientation that begins on Sunday, August 29.
- Pre-Orientation Program (FPOP) Arrival: Students participating in a FPOP will arrive on Tuesday, August 24. FPOPs are by application only. Please do not book travel until all information about your FPOP has been communicated to you (mid June 2021).
- Class of 2025 Arrival: All remaining members of the Class of 2025 will arrive on Saturday, August 28. We ask that all students check in for Orientation by 8pm.
The Orientation schedule will be available by August 1, please check back.
When you arrive on campus for orientation, you should proceed directly to your assigned residence hall. Once you have checked in there, you should proceed to check-in with Orientation staff. Please note that if you are arriving via plane, there is no MIT shuttle service to campus from the airport. Most students travel to campus from the airport via taxi or MBTA. If you have questions about check-in, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orientation Check-In (for students) will be open during the following times:
Approved Fall Athletes + International Students ONLY:
- Please check back for complete details
FPOP Participants ONLY:
- Tuesday, August 24 between 7am - 8pm
All remaining members of the Class of 2025:
- Saturday, August 28 between 7am - 8pm
If you need to have your baggage or belongings sent to Cambridge prior to your arrival on campus, you must make arrangements with a separate company. You cannot ship directly to MIT until you have moved into your permanent housing assignment.
Parent Orientation Check-In
Details TBA, please check back. For more information, please visit the Parent Information page.