Financial and Support Resources
Important Resources Available Around Campus
Student with general questions about the information below should contact email@example.com. A full list of financial resources available to undergraduate students can be found in the Financial Resources section of the DoingWell site.
Undergraduate Emergency Support Fund
Resources are available to help undergraduate students cover unforeseen, essential expenses or obtain enough food for regular meals. S3 can help cover or subsidize expenses such as winter clothing or an emergency trip home. Please fill out this brief form describing your request.
Uncovered Medical Expenses
Contact S3 for information on help for uncovered medical expenses and ask a dean about the Miller Fund. The Miller Fund is a resource available to help with medical costs not covered by insurance. For more information, undergraduates should make an appointment with a dean in Student Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE Mental Health or Wellness Resources
- Mental Health podcasts and videos
- Resources for sleep
- First Gen/Low-Income concerns Videos and podcasts
- National and community resources
Learning and Studying Remotely
FREE Technology Resources
Travel and Conference Funding
Undergraduate students engaged in MIT’s Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) can request travel funding to attend research conferences and present their research through the UROP direct funding application’s Materials and Services section. UROP will consider requests for travel (e.g. airfare, train, taxi), conference fees, and poster printing. For full details please contact the UROP Office, email@example.com
- Review Career Advising and Professional Development (CAPD) job search resources and set up an appointment with a CAPD career advisor for help finding employment opportunities during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Student-to-Student Tips and Advice
- See “Thrifty”, created by MIT CASE (Class Awareness, Support and Equality) for tips from other MIT students about discounts & living affordably