Associate Advisor Steering Committee Description
The Associate Advisor Steering Committee is comprised of a small group of enthusiastic and dedicated associate advisors who are integral to the Office of the First Year’s advising team and share their goal of improving the first-year experience.
Members of this committee support the Undergraduate Advising Center by collaboratively providing the student perspective on all aspects of advising first-year students.
- Make a one-year commitment, approximately 10 hours both semesters
- Meet as a committee once per month to brainstorm ideas and provide input
- Support first-year programming and other duties as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Event planning experience
- Wliingness working as part of a team
- Enthusiastic about exploring new ideas