Prior to the start of the Fall semester, all incoming first-year undergraduate students are expected to complete the AlcoholEdu program, created by EverFi.
AlcoholEdu uses science-based research and evidence-based interactive strategies, including personalized feedback, to educate students about alcohol and its effects.
When do I complete this program?
- Students are expected to complete Part One of this program anytime between July 12-26, 2022.
Why am I being asked to complete this program?
- MIT is committed to fostering a healthy and safe environment that supports its educational mission.
- We want to ensure that you have a better understanding of the risks associated with alcohol and drug use.
- We want to ensure that you are knowledgeable of resources available for additional education and support.
How long will it take me to complete this program?
- Part One of the program takes about 2 to 2 ½ hours to complete. It is highly recommended that you take it in multiple sittings. This section ends with an exam and survey. You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to pass the course. Part One must be finished by July 26.
What is the expectation for the successful completion of the program?
- You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to pass the course. Part One must be finished by July 26.
What information will be gathered?
The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ responses. Administrators will have access to student test scores, but like the surveys, will not have access to individual responses.
What if I have other questions about the program?
- Contact Robyn Priest at email@example.com with questions about the AlcoholEdu module.
- For additional questions about the modules in general, please contact Michael Santoro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the technical requirements needed to complete the program? Is there technical support?
To complete the program, you will need Internet access and audio capabilities. If you do not have ready access to a computer, use a computer at a local library, copy center, or community center.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support on the AlcoholEdu website, the Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.
What do I do if I need disability accommodations for this online course?
If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to complete this online course in its current format, please contact Disability and Access Services, at 617-253-1674 or email@example.com.
How do I access this program?
This module is hosted through the MIT Learning Center in Atlas.
In order to access the MIT Learning Center, you will need to log in to MIT Touchstone using either your MIT Certificate or your Kerberos. You will also need to have your MIT Duo Security two-factor authentication set up.
You can access the links to all of the required modules through the ‘My Training Needs‘ page in the Learning Center. Click on the course name and within the course description page, click the ‘Begin Course’ button located at the bottom.
If at any point during the program, you are asked to create a username or provide an email address, please use your MIT e-mail address.
- In mid-October, you will receive an email prompting you to complete Part Two of the program.
- Part Two of the program takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- There is no grade associated with Part Two.
- Part Two of the program must be completed by 11/1/22.
- You must complete Part Two to officially finish the program.