Registration for IAP and Spring
IAP/Spring pre-registration opens on December 1, details on pre-registration and registration for each term follows below.
Independent Activities Period (IAP)
Independent Activities Period (IAP) is a great time to explore various non-credit IAP activities or UROP, register for classes for credit, or take time for yourself to recharge and have fun. You are automatically registered for IAP subjects based on pre-registration without your advisor’s approval, although we strongly encourage you to still meet with them to discuss your plans. Here as some things you should know about IAP:
- IAP continues to be on P/NR.
- Has a 12-unit credit limit, so if taking 18.02A or 8.01L, you are allowed 6 additional units.
- ASEs taken in IAP do not count toward this credit limit.
- You may modify subject selections until pre-registration closes at 5pm on January 9. After that, use the Add/Drop Application to make changes.
- Spring semester is on ABC/NR.
- Has a 60-unit credit limit plus 6 additional units for Discovery.
- If you didn’t take a CI in Fall, you must one in Spring. Must make CI-H/HW subject selections before the deadline; After January 19, you may only add yourself to CI-H/HW waitlists.
Meeting with Your Advisor
- Your pre-registration is not binding or final, and serves as a basis for the meeting with your advisor. In fact, you may enter only one class or as many as you would like in your pre-registration.
- To complete your Spring registration, you need to meet with your advisor, so reach out to them and your associate advisor about setting up a time to meet the week of registration for Spring semester starting January 30.
- Once you have submitted your registration, all changes need to be made using the online Add/Drop forms.